Completion Date: 28/08/2013
Project Location: Collinsville, Qld
This project was to construct a new 132 kV Substation. The Principal Contractor was Downer Group and the client was Powerlink Queensland.
The major works consisted of:
- Two bunded plinth foundations suitable to accommodate 132kV Transformers
- An 8.8 meter high core filled block blast wall between the two Transformers
- 17 individual Strain Tower foundations which involved 6 meter deep, 1500 diameter bored piers
- 300 other bored pier foundations
- 170 meters of cable trench
- Installation of an Oil Separation System including a 26 meter long concrete tank
- Installation of 14 x 20 meter long Concrete Earthwire Poles
Other works to complete the project included installation of security fencing, electrical conduits, drainage, earthing and foundations for prefabricated buildings.